10.26.2010

Fall Fashion Week: day dos

so I'm a little disappointed in my arizona weather. after going through everyone's fashion posts yesterday I've come to the conclusion that either every blogger who participated live really close to each other or my home town is just unlucky. everyone seemed to be having a rainy monday - not here in apache junction/miami, az. nope. clouds, sure, but no rain.

for those of you who are curious: here's my "out the door" look at 5 o'clock in the morning.
flannel: target
jeans: vf factory
holes in jeans: copper sulfate solution
belts: target
purple cons: kohl's

that's my: I'm-totally-awake-now-and-motivated-to-work look. I work at a copper mine. I don't have to wear a uniform persay, but we do have strict dress code policies (well not too strict, but again, the risk of getting acid on your clothes kind of prevents you from wearing anything too nice - see exhibit a: torn up jeans - totally did not buy them like this). this is what I wear to work usually (fall edition) and when I get to the mine I change into my steel toed boots, add a few more layers (it's usually around 10 degrees cooler at work - ew) put on my red hard hat, my scratch up safety glasses, and my over-sized reflective safety vest. not too cute.


I had such good intent to come home from work yesterday and take a trip to kohls to take advantage of their sale and my 30% off coupon (seriously - how does that store make any profit??) since I realized that I don't have much of a fall wardrobe. well it didn't happen because my monday sucked and I didn't feel like doing anything when I got home. I barely found the energy to get dressed up. buuuut I did.
top: charlotte russe
jeans: kohl's
black & white puppy = pepper
brown puppy = ginger

we recently got some trees for our bare backyard. I'm posing next to our new eucalyptus. I started a tradition in my family that whenever anyone in the family buys their first house, you have to plant a eucalyptus. my parents planted one when they moved into their first house, so I thought it would be neat to make it a tradition. if you've never seen a full grown eucalyptus before they get huge. monsterous. the trunk is probably as thick as I am tall minus a foot or two. (at least the one we had growing up was.) I'm not sure why ours is so funny looking though. I thought it'd be funny to pretend to pose next to a huge tree. and of course my pups couldn't resist getting in my pictures.

the accessories:
kick-ass blue cons: kohl's
peacock necklace: forever 21
key earrings: target
teal blue nail polish (if you can see it): walgreens

my "photographer" wanted to join in the fun too.

unfortunately, I don't think my outfits will get much more exciting this week as fashion week came at a bad time for me. this week is a super busy week. I've got to finish putting together my office furniture, today marks the opening of the suns season, date night wednesday (hopefully), dinner for the parents thursday, and sun home opener vs. the lakers on friday which we'll be attending. so I'll try to make time for fashion.

check out the other awesome fashionistas here!

17 comments:

  1. I'm pretty jealous of your obviously extensive converse collection! You look way to cute for it to be 5am. Very impressive. I don't see a puffy eye for miles :)
    Hope Tuesday is better than Monday for you!!

    Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great flannels! i love flannel shirts. I could never look that cute at 5:00 in the AM!! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like something I would wear. love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally my kind of look! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cute! I love how Chris looks like a model in the second pic of him. And how the dogs can't leave you alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't get enough plaid! And of course you can NEVER go wrong with converse. I have six pairs, lol. You look adorable. =D

    ♥/Bevin @ All is Bright

    ReplyDelete
  7. plaid and converse are pretty much my favorite combo, and i love your cute doggie accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both these outfits are so cute! I love the plaid shirts with the colored converses, I have a yellow pair and I'm definitely going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Target flannel, I have one too and it is SO comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. date night is TOTALLY an excuse to make time for fashion! also, i really like how you rock the plaid in both of your looks. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can never go wrong with flannel and converse, no siree.

    I'm totally with you on Kohls - how do they make any money?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 5am?! No way. Too cute for 5am.

    No rain in California either, but I LOVE no-rain :]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute that your "photographer" decided to jump in the shot with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your poses! And you look soooo cute dressed up for work! Your haircut is really great. I wish my hair was like that.... if it was, I'd grow it out to your exact length. But my hair is too fine.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to add some input and love :)