- having a really sick puppy that doesn't seem to be improving
- having a dad who has cancer that's eating his ribs and being told that he has no more than 3 months to live
- having a child who's allergic to everything and feeling overwhelmed by all the caution you have to take from now on
- having your best friend be in critical condition thousand of miles away from a bike accident and not being able to go support them
- having to drive in construction on your way to vacation
- having to go to work period
- not having cereal when you want it
and what's crazy is that those who have legitimate fml situations never say fml. instead they do the best they can do to handle what life's thrown at them - hope, ask for advice, pray, ask for support. they don't sit there, acting pitiful, and say fuck my life. they don't look for pathetic, useless, sympathy from others - they look for support.
some people take life for granted. some people don't realize that there's people out there in a lot of pain, suffering from what life has brought. it's almost a slap in the face to say fuck my life because you're in traffic on your vacation. really? that's the worst that's happening to you? lucky bastard.
instead of saying fml, couldn't you say "oh darn" or just "fuck?" or just say how annoying it is. and as for the other internet slang, can't you just type the dang thing out? it's not that many more letters and it's just the grown up thing to do. we're not in middle school anymore. we're all adults. we learned english and grammar. we can write in complete sentences and phrases. there's no need to shorten phrases on facebook or any other site. unless you're getting close to that 160 character mark and that's a whole different issue.