1.05.2011

challenge life: revamping my outlook

with my amazing website design skills (which mainly consists of me asking my sister [in law] and brother for help) and days of asking family for opinions and decisions, I reveal my new blog. 
Tada! 
I just didn't feel like my life was "simply complicated" anymore. it's waaay more complicated than anything and it makes it difficult to enjoy the simplicity.  I like the way it turned out. my sister [in law] came up with the new title. she got it from an e.e. cummings poem titled "i thank you God for most this amazing." it's a lovely poem and fits perfectly where I am in life right now.
i thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
wich is natural with is infinite which is yes

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday;this is the birth
day of life and love and wings:and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any-lifted from the no
of all nothing-human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)

I think it's such a great poem and am thankful she shared it with me. because this year, I hope to awake and open my eyes to the beautiful world around me and the blessed like I have been given. I am excited and looking forward to this journey.

as for January's challenge, things are going slowly. I haven't been feeling too well the past couple of days, so we haven't done anything too major. but I have been putting a lot of effort in having conversations with chris and I can tell he's trying to adjust. it's just a slow process - getting someone to open up to you. and it can be very frustrating. but I think it's possible. it has to be possible.

yesterday we ate delicious spinach and cheese ravioli with a cheesy marinara sauce over it and hung up some pictures/wall decorations/our diplomas to make give our walls more personality. tonight we went to dinner (taco bell! my fave - a treat for me since I've been ill♥) and made small talk throughout the whole meal - which is an improvement for us. usually we just eat in silence. they definitely weren't long, deep conversations, and it was mostly about work, but we kept talking. it was nice. now chris is waiting for me to finish so we can snuggle up on the couch and maybe squeeze in a move before the suns vs. lakers game. life is good.

what do you think of the new look?

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, it looks great! I love how the picture goes with the background. And I'm happy you love the poem :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to add some input and love :)