cue in month one of my challenge life: reconnect with chris.
- to have daily conversations with each other
- to understand what goes on in his mind from time to time
- to feel important and special in his life
- to see if we're truly compatible/meant for each other (like we used to be)
- to spend more time together enjoying life
- must spend at least 30 minutes having (or attempting) a conversation
- do one activity together each night
- be straight up and tell the other how we feel if upset/mad
- be completely honest with each other
day 1 we spent the day playing uno and watching dexter (♥!!) at my parent's house. there wasn't much talking, but technically, we didn't make the agreement yet.
day 2 we spent the evening fighting and when that fizzled out we downloaded a "conversation starters" app and asked each other its questions. they weren't much of conversation starters, however, but I think that's mainly chris's problem, since he answers the question and thinks that's all he needs to do. is it possible to "train" someone on communicating? what are some ideas on how I can get him to open up to me more?
day 3 was my dad's birthday so after work we headed over there & went to dinner at the most amazing seafood restaurant in mesa. seriously. they had the most succulent and juicy and wonderful crab legs. and every things else. (on a side note, I managed to avoid the french fries and got steamed veggies and their seafood pasta salad on the side. too bad I didn't have room to eat them.)
and I wish the rest of you challenging yourself this year the best of luck! & don't let anyone make you think twice about your decisions!