8.17.2009

if I can turn back time...

I saw The Time Traveler's Wife tonight. I adore Rachel McAdams and thought the previews portrayed this cute chick flick movie but boy was I wrong. I suppose it's not a bad movie, persay, but it's definitely not what I expected it to be. Anyways, it got me thinking. If I could go back in time, would I?

There's so many things I wished I could change about my past. Tell Coulter I had the hugest crush on him. Let Kassie know I didn't want her to leave and stop being my best friend. Not be such a wreck over a one-week relationship. Work harder my sophomore year of college. Not spend all my money on the stupid MealPlan program. Not convince myself and Chris that we would last forever and that we should get married. Not let myself get tied up and lost.

But at the same time, they always say - everything you go through makes the person you are today. True. I would not be so cautious if it wasn't for my past. I wouldn't think twice, or even a third time, if it wasn't for the mistakes I've made. You can't live the next day without learning from your actions and decisions from the day before. You can't really live without making mistakes.

But if I could go back in time (& be able to control when and where I go) I'd go back to those priceless moments. Like playing with Tracy and Kassie in 4th grade. Watching Coulter and the guys play kickball in eighth grade. Going over to Tata's and watching the fish in his indoor pond. Playing video games with Scotty & Reuben. Being spontaneous with TJ at Domino's. Hanging out with Finn in Sarah & Liz's dorm room. Everything that makes me smile. It'd be nice to relive those memories every once in a while. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to add some input and love :)