6.15.2009

all my single ladies...

I've recently wrote about how great my life is becoming now that I'm becoming more independent and comfortable with who I am. I feel like I've grown so much in just this last month. I am now aware of who I am and what I want. And sometimes, I do deserve better. The past four years of my life have been quite a rollercoaster. And in the jumble of it all, I started to lose myself and who I was and what I lived for. My dreams and hopes were pushed away as I focused all my energy in being a great girlfriend. At the time, I didn't mind. But now, I have grown. And I expected others to grow with me. Unfortunately, they didn't.

So instead of continuing to hold myself back, I've decided to continue growing. That's what my tata believed in. He believed in always improving yourself. Once he mastered cooking, he learned how to paint. Once he mastered painting, he learned how to craft anything with wood. That's how he lived. He was always learning and improving and increasing his skills and talents. And I want to follow his beliefs and not let him down. I want to honor him by living my life like he did.

So instead of being unhappy for yet another year, I've done something I never thought I had the strength to do. And now I feel weird. I'm not sure what to do next. But I do know that I will be ok. And that I will continue to grow. And even though I'm terrified, I'm happy with where I am right now. My life. Is good.

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."
--Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to add some input and love :)